I was inspired on my run this morning by something I saw so I’ve decided to throw down another writing exercise for everybody.
Imagine that you are running on a trail and you come across a box. The box says Do Not Open…what do you do? Write a short story on this and make sure you answer the following questions:
- What does the box look like? Describe the features and describe how old you think it is? What is the box made of? How big or small is it?
- Where were you when you found it? Describe the weather and setting
- Did you open the box? If yes, what was inside? If no, why not?
- What did you do after you opened or didn’t open the box?
- Does the box contain magical powers? Does it contain something valuable? Is it empty?
- Where do you think the box came from?
- How did the box end up on the running trail?
Lots of good ideas here to get started on your story!