Write a story based on the image below:
- How did these people get here? Plane crash? Climbing expedition?
- Are they waiting to be rescued? How long have they been waiting?
- Is there hope in sight/do they get rescued? Are these people going to have to result to cannibalism?
- How will they preserve themselves/survive? What supplies do they have? Do they have any supplies?
Enjoy this, it should be a really fun exercise that pushes your imagination to the limit!
I was inspired on my run this morning by something I saw so I’ve decided to throw down another writing exercise for everybody.
Imagine that you are running on a trail and you come across a box. The box says Do Not Open…what do you do? Write a short story on this and make sure you answer the following questions:
- What does the box look like? Describe the features and describe how old you think it is? What is the box made of? How big or small is it?
- Where were you when you found it? Describe the weather and setting
- Did you open the box? If yes, what was inside? If no, why not?
- What did you do after you opened or didn’t open the box?
- Does the box contain magical powers? Does it contain something valuable? Is it empty?
- Where do you think the box came from?
- How did the box end up on the running trail?
Lots of good ideas here to get started on your story!
Today’s exercise is all about murder. I know, it’s not a very flowery, fun topic but I can guarantee that it will make you think outside of the box. I want you to write a short piece about your escape from a murderer…be sure to include:
- Where you are being held
- How you got there
- Describe what is around you, sights, smells, sounds
- Describe the murderer, what do they look like, smell like, sound like
- Describe how you feel
- Describe how you are going to escape
- Describe the escape
- Are there any other people, is anyone with you
- Do you escape or are you recaptured
- Is the killer caught or still at large after your escape
Good luck with this and have fun! Use your imagination and write something inspiring!