Today’s writing exercise comes in the form of a prompt to get your creative juices flowing!
Have you ever wondered if you’ve lived in another era? Do you believe in reincarnation or lucid dreaming? Have you thought about what it would be like to visit a different time period? Today we will be writing about another time in life, a time in which you know nothing about so use your imagination!
- What part of the world are you in?
- What year, era or time period are you in?
- What is the dress of the time, what are you wearing, what are others wearing?
- How did you get there?
- Describe the scenery around you
- What is your position? Are you a person of power? Are you a pioneer?
- What is your mode of transportation? Is there transportation? Horse and buggy? By foot? Space craft?
- Describe the people/creatures/animals that you interact with
- How do you sustain yourself? Do you hunt and gather? Is there currency? What is the form of currency/barter?
- What are you there for? To save mankind? To destroy the world? To visit with others in your past and receive or reveal a message of some kind?
You get the picture so get writing! This is a really fun exercise that will stretch your imagination to the limit!